Complete solution for the correct assembly of boxes to the harness where tightening operations are required. Including all the necessary checking for assure the correct sequence of the assembly process:
Ready for the future
EMDEP Tightening System is working around the world with more than one model of tightening controllers.
So, we can guarantee an easy transfer to other models according to customer needs.
We support next models of tightening devices:
Do you need more information?
Reaction time. Every movement is codified and transferred in a faster way improving the efficiency of the operations.
Accuracy. EMDEP has created a special algorithm in order to improve the accuracy of the positioning system. Now, targets with short distance between themselves can be detected in a better way.
It is the predefined mode. All the wires and tightening operations are done in a sequential mode and in a predefined order.
In this mode, the operator has different wires and selecting one and touching with the wire in a point, the system automatically identifies the wire and enables the appropriate sequence.
Modes 1 and 2 can be combined.
Multiple test options
EMDEP Tightening System integrates all possible required test options in addition to the tightening operations. We can differentiate between the tightening and electrical test options:
Tightening test options
EMDEP Tightening System checks electrically all the wires involved in the tightening process:
- Verification of box presence and lock of it to avoid system cheats
- Continuity assurance of the wire before and after being tightened
- Continuity assurance of all the wires after finishing the process
- Detection of extra wires
- Detection of misallocated wires
- Detection of the presence of wires
- Detection of wire shrink
Clear guidance to the operator
1. On-board guidance
- LED for current wire pick-up box
- LED for current nut pick-up box
- LEDs for tool management
- LEDs for both ends of the wire (from and to)
2. On-screen guidance:
- Clear guidance on operation to perform
- Clear instructions to solve errors
- Mirror of tightening controller screen
- Displaying of the current position of the spindle
- Displaying the status of the tool tray
- Displaying of complete information of the tightened and pending positions for current harness
- Overall of test details: harness id, box, reference and start time
3. Smart tool management.
The tool manipulation has been studied and the algorithm indicates the changes of the tool in the best moment to maximize the efficiency.
4. Multi-language interface.
Easily translation to new languages. Unicode support: charsets such as Latin, Cyrillic, Hanzi, Kana, Hanja, Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Armenian, Georgian…
5. Auto-rescaling to the monitor resolution.
Software detects the resolution and organize information presented in the monitor according to that.
A complete new analysis suite has been created in Emdep Tightening System. Here we can see main features of the new data analysis app:
- Handling of data from several sites, projects, lines or stations
- Several filter options available
- Built-in analysis tools.
- Production reports
- Amount and rate of the passed harnesses
- Amount and rate of the rejected harnesses
- Average and deviation time for passed harnesses
- Average and deviation time for rejected harnesses
- Harness traceability
- Track of a specific harness along with the details of all the tightening operations
- Process capability
- Statistical values per cycle: average and standard deviation
- Six-sigma control value per cycle: Cp, Cpk, Pp, Ppk
- Run chart
- Error analysis
- Pareto chart based on errors per cycle
- Pareto chart based on errors per position
- Output of filtered data to CSV format for analysis using third-party tools
- Output of filtered data to PDF format